Sep 2005 - Apr 2010
Honours Bachelor of Applied Science and Engineering, University of Toronto Department of Computer Science
Operating Systems: Emacs, Docker, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows
Senior Software Developer + Tech Lead
August 2016 - June 2019
Senior Software Developer
May 2014 - May 2015
- Contributed to the hapijs family of projects.
- Worked on a large scale web application, which processes many thousands of dollars of sales per day.
- Ironed out hard to grasp bugs that lay at the intersection of several interrelated but isolated APIs.
- Worked collaboratively with people across the United States as a remote worker.
Jan 2012 - May 2014
- Implemented cross-device responsive web experiences, on a broad array of devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows RT, Silk, Blackberry).
- Worked closely with designers to bring concepts to life in efficient and idiomatic ways.
- Integrated many client-specific third party libraries with no documentation or support.
- Stayed informed with regards to performance and best practices as well as emergent APIs and techniques.
- Dealt with fluctuating requirements; rooted out bugs throughout all levels of the codebase.
Associate, Software Solutions
May 2010 - Dec 2010
- Wrote and maintained testing suite for a marketing web application.
- Created unit and integration tests with JUnit.
- Developed automated front-end tests using the Selenium and WebDriver frameworks.
Programmer / Analyst
May 2007 - Aug 2008
- Performed integration testing on a large scale software system.
- Implemented enhancements and bug fixes for major components.
- Designed an XML based data transfer standard, implementing features from the Open Geospatial Consortium’s Observations & Measurements and GML standards.
- Wrote XML schemas, and an XML schema generator.
Projects & Awards
- Received NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award, 2009 (University of Toronto)
- Co-authored "Text to ideology or text to party status?" which was published in From Text to Political Positions, Text analysis across disciplines, John Benjamins Publishing Company, 2014
Open Source Contributions: Bossy, Meatspace-chat, Animate.css, Favico.js, Touchr
Interests: Cryptic crosswords, Emacs, Roguelikes, Cooking, Reading, Videogames